Apply for the Ameren Equity in the Arts Grant
The AmerenCares Equity in the Arts Philanthropic Grant Program is a partnership between Ameren Missouri and the Arts and Education Council. This special grant opportunity is designed for and limited in focus to historically underrepresented and underfunded nonprofit organizations. . The Equity in the Arts Grant is a one-year gift that includes a minimum award of $5,000. Only arts and culture organizations both located in and serving Ameren's Missouri service territory will be considered. These funds are to be used as unrestricted operating support.
Arts and culture organizations have seen fundraising efforts and revenue streams complicated by the direct and indirect effects of COVID-19. Simultaneously, companies, individuals, and foundations are being called on to respond thoughtfully to racial injustice and economic inequity through measures that include philanthropic support.
AmerenCares Equity in the Arts is a unique and focused example of a shift in philanthropic giving practices that are designed to proactively and deliberately meet the needs of under-resourced and historically underrepresented nonprofits that have evidence racially and diverse leadership. Launching in 2022, this program – with the subject matter expertise of the Arts & Education Council – aims to discover and support these qualified nonprofit arts and cultural organizations that need a boost.
Applications are now closed. Please check back for the 2023 dates.
View Grant Guidelines
All the following criteria must be met by the organization/entity:
- Must be an IRS Section 501(c)(3) non-profit in good standing in the state of Missouri
- Must have a current fiscal sponsorship in place with an organization that is an IRS Section 501(c)(3) non-profit in good standing in the state of Missouri if the applying organization has not attained 501(c)(3) non-profit in the designation
- Should not exceed an annual operating budget of $499,999
- Only arts and culture organizations with racially and ethnically diverse leaders at the decision-making level that are both located in and serving Ameren Missouri’s service territory are eligible to receive a grant.
- Must operate under a board-approved budget (fiscal health will be considered in the funding decision)
- Must provide accurate and detailed financial statements reflecting activity for the most recent fiscal year as well as current year projections
- Organization primary focus must be arts and culture related: pathways of support will be considered for Music, Dance, Poetry, Painting, Writing, Theater/Drama, Sculpture, Drawing, Photography
Note: Organizations receiving - or that anticipate receiving - "gala/event" sponsorship funding from Ameren in 2022 will, with few exceptions, be excluded from participating in this grant program this year
Funding for the AmerenCares Equity in the Arts Grant Program is based on funding received from Ameren's Corporate Philanthropy program, which varies by year. The Arts and Education Council cannot predict nor predetermine funding amounts. A minimum award of $5,000 per accepted organization is guaranteed, and awards may be greater.
If you have questions regarding this grant program, please contact Jessireé Jenkins, manager of grants and programs, at Jessiree-J@KeepArtHappening.org or 314.289.4015.